Sunday, March 23, 2008

family and holidays

so the holidays... Easter... hhhmmm... what to say.... many people have forgotten what Easter is all about.. I mean seriously is it one that we should drive hundreds of miles to get together with family and eat and find eggs.... my opinion... hardly!!! is it nice to get together with the family??, definitely.... today mom was sick as she has been all weekend... now if I were her I would've either said "screw you guys, you stay at home" or I would've asked for help... but like a trooper she saved Easter for us all and all could rejoice... to us being a very non denominational family it's not about the religious history behind Easter Sunday and Christ... it's just another excuse for everyone to get together and have a good time and eat.... which is great, except when people don't feel good... Don't get me wrong I truly appreciate what she did but I kinda wish she hadn't because she made herself miserable to please a handful of other which in my book isn't fair... is Easter really a holiday??? should we truly rejoice??? I guess it's a matter of opinion.... for now I'm out.... maybe I'll blog again soon.... we'll see

No comments: